These are the 10 top things that ran I around my head while I cooked Terriyaki chicken over a bed of rice tonight. I used Soy Vay To marinate. Got to love that product name. The following are not in any particular order.
10. I could probably watch the remaining 13 episodes of Heroes in one sitting on iTunes and enjoy every minute of it. Although I would terminate the storyline with Ali Larter. Her kid is annoying who I can only liken to a young Mario Lopez or a poor man’s version of Will Smith’s son in the “Pursuit of Happyness”.
9. I really hope Kobe Bryant gets traded to the Bull because a starting five of Deng, Odom, Gordon, Walton, and Brown will result in a better record. Additionally, the Lakers could get a solid player with the #9 pick, perhaps even steal Corey Brewer, although he will probably be gone.
8. Am I that vain that I felt self-conscious driving my Chevy Cobalt rental around ritzy Newport Beach today? Sadly, yes. Did I also get a kick out of the fact that it was devoid of any power functions, thus I had to roll the window down at a drive thru today a total of 4 times, and that the back seat smelled like a combo of pine sol and dead rat. Yes, as well.
6. I wonder what caused Larry David and his wife to get divorced. If she really looked like his Curb wife, would they have gotten divorced? Probably not.
5. “Knocked Up” was a terrific movie but I still don’t want kids for at least 6-8 years. It completely restored my faith in Judd Apatow. I am now convinced he dumbed downed “A 40 year old virgin” to prove to the studio heads that he could make blockbuster comedies, so he could make this movie.
4. I think Microsoft will buy Yahoo! On another note, I am so old that barely any of my friends are on Facebook. If I could buy shares in Facebook right now, I think I would allocate over 80% of my portfolio to the site. This article puts forth an interesting potential MySpace-Yahoo collaboration. I love the Murdoch quote about Facebook; one sly Aussie, that and the fact that MySpace is now valued at over $10 billion. Pretty fair return for a $580 million acquisition.
3. Was Whitney right that my blog has not been funny lately? Definitely.
2. I weigh 188 lbs…holy crap, I am turning into one of the tubbiest Asians I know.
1. Did I spell superfluous right? I use that word too much and I’m not 100% sure I am using it correctly.